WHERE WE ACT JUSTLY, LOVE TENDERLY AND WALK HUMBLY WITH GOD
We are proud to be a Catholic school, inspired by the charism of Edmund Rice. We are also proud of our diversity and we embrace children from all faiths who, once at St Joseph’s, will share our rich spiritual life throughout their days at the college.
Our faith is celebrated every day:
- Morning prayer and assemblies
- RE lessons
- Masses for classes, year groups and houses
- Reconciliation services
- Chaplaincy group
- Vocations day
- Day-long and residential retreats
- Active engagement in community service
Our school culture underpins every child’s sense of belonging:
- Whole-school Masses on our feast day and for Holy Days of Obligation
- House assemblies where older and younger students mix together
- House feast days to celebrate the lives of those who inspire us and our house names
- Whole-school events to increase awareness or raise money for charity
- The Bushcraft residential for Y7
- Residential retreats at Castlerigg, Conway, Soli House, Savio, St Cassian’s, Alton Castle and the Hayes Centre as well as an annual pilgrimage to Lourdes
- Family links with Sierra Leone and immersion opportunities
- Links with other Edmund Rice schools around the UK and across the world through EREBB (Edmund Rice Education Beyond Borders)
- Our school song, which has been sung by generations of St Joseph’s College students
Of our students achieved 5 GCSEs at grades A*-C including English and mathematics in 2017.
Of our A2 students pass their courses with 62% achieving A* to B grades.
Many of our A2 students go on to the most demanding university courses, with 35% going on to Russell Group universities.
St. Joseph’s College is delighted to have maintained its ‘Outstanding’ status at its most recent Ofsted inspection in 2014.