WHERE WE ACT JUSTLY, LOVE TENDERLY AND WALK HUMBLY WITH GOD
We are proud to be a Catholic school, inspired by the charism of Edmund Rice. We are also proud of our diversity and we embrace children from all faiths who, once at St Joseph’s, will share our rich spiritual life throughout their days at the college.
Our faith is celebrated every day:
- Morning prayer and assemblies
- RE lessons
- Masses for classes, year groups and houses
- Reconciliation services
- Chaplaincy group
- Vocations day
- Day-long and residential retreats
- Active engagement in community service
Our school culture underpins every child’s sense of belonging:
- Whole-school Masses on our feast day and for Holy Days of Obligation
- House assemblies where older and younger students mix together
- House celebration days to celebrate the lives of those who inspire us and our house names
- Whole-school events to increase awareness or raise money for charity
- Residential retreats at The Briars, Castlerigg, Conway, Soli House, Savio, St Cassian’s, Alton Castle and the Shallowford House as well as an annual pilgrimage to Lourdes
- Family links with Sierra Leone and immersion opportunities in West Africa and India
- Links with other Edmund Rice schools around the UK and across the world through EREBB (Edmund Rice Education Beyond Borders)
- Our school song, which has been sung by generations of St Joseph’s College students
Best ever GCSE results!
Of our students achieved English and mathematics GCSEs at grades 4 or greater (secure pass).
Of our students achieved English and mathematics GCSEs at grades 5 or greater (good pass).
Of all grades achieved at GCSE were grade 7 or higher.
Of our students achieved grade 7 or higher in 5 or more GCSE subjects.
Of our students were entered for the EBACC
St. Joseph’s College is graded ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted.