There are a number of important considerations when preparing for revision, whether for an assessment in class, a test or an external examination. These include using the right resources and the right strategies.
Without a knowledge and understanding of these, students can often spend time revising the wrong aspects or spending time revising with little to no impact on long term retention.
St Joseph’s has a broad and balanced curriculum which is diverse and motivational and continually evolving to meet the needs of a dynamic society.
- Art Department
- Business Studies and Economics Department
- Design and Technology Department
- Drama and Theatre Studies Department
- English Department
- Geography Department
- History Department
- ICT and Computer Science Department
- Mathematics Department
- Modern Foreign Languages Department
- Music and Performing Arts Department
- The PE and Games Department
- Religious Education Department
- Science Department
- Social Sciences Department: Government and Politics
- Social Sciences Department: Psychology
- Social Sciences Department: Sociology
We are proud of our students!
Of our students achieved English and mathematics GCSEs at grades 4 or greater (secure pass).
Of our students achieved English and mathematics GCSEs at grades 5 or greater (good pass).
Of all grades achieved at GCSE were grade 7 or higher.
Of our students achieved grade 7 or higher in 5 or more GCSE subjects.
Of our A2 students pass their courses, with 62% achieving A* to B grades, and 32% achieving A* or A grades.
St. Joseph’s College is delighted to have maintained its ‘Outstanding’ status at its most recent Ofsted inspection in 2014.